Geographic Tongue Symptoms
Do you ever have a geographic map like structure on the tongue? It sounds strange right! But it is also a disease of Geographic tongue appears on the tongue. Just follow the article to know more information about the Geographic tongue and What are Geographic Tongue Symptoms and Geographic Tongue treatment.
- What is Denture Stomatitis Treatment
- Dangerous Effects of Smoking on Oral Health
- What Causes Teeth Sensitive After Filling
About Geographic Tongue:
It is the harmless condition of appearing patches on the tongue. The other name is Benign migratory glossitis. This may appear other parts of the mouth. It is a self-treatable condition and can disappear in 7 days. This may also last for years also.
What are Geographic Tongue Symptoms
However, the situation has irregular patches on the pinnacle and sides of the tongue. In addition
- Redness around the patches.
- We have a discomfort while eating the food like hot and spicy food.
- Patches in a couple of vicinities.
- A raised border that can be white in color.
- Patches of numerous sizes and shapes.
- This develops, heal, and migrate to different components of the tongue over the years.
- Patches that trade in length over the years.
- These patches that last up to a year at a time.
Geographic Tongue treatment
Generally, it is a self-treatable condition. So, it is not necessary to have a medication. But the problem is that it will spread to the other parts of the mouth also. So, to overcome this
- To speed up the healing, vegetable glycerine is very useful for it. So, soak a cotton ball in the vegetable glycerine and place it on the surface of the tongue. using this for a week can heal this condition.
- In order to fight the infection causing this condition, apple cider vinegar is useful to maintain pH balance on the tongue. For this, mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with the honey and sip this solution for at least 2-3 times a day for a week will result in healing.