Side effects of Glucocorticoid
If we have any immune system disorders then it will result in the inflammations in our body. In that position, glucocorticoids will help in reducing the inflammation caused by the immune disorder. Well, What is this Glucocorticoid? What are its uses and Side Effects?…….To know the answer just scroll down to the article What are the Side effects of Glucocorticoid.
What is this Glucocorticoid?
Generally, our body produces steroids in our body but these Glucocorticoids are the synthetic version of natural Glucocorticoids, steroids in our body. The is a type of drug. Its name is the combination of Glucose-cortex-steroid. However, Glucose is to regulate metabolism and its synthesis in Adrenal Cortex with a Steroid structure. In fact, it is used to reduce the inflammation in and on the body.
- Fetal Development.
- Treats Heart failures.
What are the Side effects of Glucocorticoid
- Due to the suppression of cells of immunity will leads to the immunodeficiency in our body.
- This is due to the high amount of glucose flow in the blood which results in uncontrol sugar level. Finally, it results in diabetes.
- The thickness of the skin will reduce and becomes delicate. However, Fragility of skin increases.
- We know the bone density will increase when we have enough calcium. This drug will suppress our body ability to absorb calcium. Finally, result in reducing bone density.
- This will stimulate the Appetite which increases the desire to eat, which will result in deposition of fat in our body, especially Central obesity. In addition, it also increases the fat in the body also.
- By consumption of this drug, ovulation in females will not take place and this will leads to the irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- This disease occurs when there is a damage to the optic nerves and loss of vision. But here the pressure of the fluids in the eye also increases and results in Glaucoma.